2011 Program was on:
Date and time
Saturday, April 23, 2010 from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Harvard University Science Center
Guest Speaker: Will Shortz
We were delighted to welcome back as our special guest Will Shortz, puzzle editor for the New York Times and NPR puzzlemaster. Will introduced the constructor of each tournament puzzle, led the audience in a game or two, and took puzzle questions from the crowd.
- This year’s tournament puzzle constructors all live in the Boston area, and have published puzzles in the NY Times and other national publications:
Pat Duggan, Will Johnston, Joon Pahk, David Quarfoot, and Brenden Emmett Quigley.
- All attendees completed four timed puzzles (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday levels of difficulty).
- The top three finalists in the individual division solved a fifth puzzle (Friday level) on stage.
- Attendees competed for prizes and recognition in three divisions: individual undergraduate, individual overall, and pair-solving.
- Prizes were autographed puzzle books from top American crossword authors and editors. Scoring rules followed those of American Crossword Puzzle Tournament and were explained in full at the event.